FireTorrent is Firefox Extension for all Torrent Lovers! While there are few extensions already out there on similar lines what makes this kool is its easy interface!
Can you imagine it is so easy that you don’t need any external application like ÂµTorrent or bittorrent??
Just click on a torrent link and the downloading will start immediately.
- Nice Integration: This extension adds a separate Torrent tab to the Firefox’s built-in download manager. (see screenshot)
- Options: Provides option for selecting port nos, download/upload limit, location to save files, security & encryption configuration, etc! you can configure parameters like no. of connection, port no. to accept incoming connection, proxy settings, default folder, download/upload limit, etc! Everything like a standalone torrent client!
- Need More Info: If you like to see more info like no. of peers you are downloading from just click on more info link!
- Easy Access: Just click on folder name next to Downloaded to as highlighted in above screenshot and it will open the folder where downloaded files are saved!
In their own words…
The FireTorrent extension strives to offer the most user-friendly BitTorrent experience. We’ve integrated the torrents manager as a separate tab in your browser’s download manager, and torrents can be downloaded from any website with a single click.
This results in a great user experience and should be attractive to both people that are new to downloading torrents and advanced users.
1. Nothing happened when I clicked the above link?
Ans: The extension is hosted on third party site. So I am sure you can see a Edit-Options stripe on top-side of this page! Just press Edit-Options, Click Allow and finally click above installation link again!
#User Question (by Khan)
1. In download window it doesnt show any file downloading!
Ans: Make sure you are at torrent tab in Firefoxs’ download manager (see above screenshot 1)
#Bonus: Just check out this start page from wyzo guys (developrers of above extension). It lets you search 33 engines with minimal effort. Just select your category (web, torrents, images, video, news, blogs or shopping) and you’ll find the top search engines in the dropdown menu. Conveniently, the most popular search engine is automatically selected for each category. May be its time to change your homepage! 😉
So is this end of debate over superiority of different Torrent clients?