Have you ever been to picnik.com? It happens to be one of my favorite online photo editing sites. It’s well organized and very easy to use, and performs many of the tasks that most of us would expect a good photo editor to do.
When you are short on time and can’t afford to sit and spend hours editing your photo albums before sharing them with your friends, picnik.com comes well in handy and gives you quick, yet fine results. And moreover, it’s fun to use!
Of course, it is not as high-end as Photoshop, but you can perform most common tasks like-
- Auto-Fix the image in just a click
- Fine tune results with Picnik’s advanced options
- Rotate, Crop and Resize
- Change the exposure
- Modify colors by changing the warmth, saturation, and the white balance.
- Sharpen more
- Correct red-eye
- Add special effects, from artsy to fun
- Add jazzy text fonts to the image using their type tool
- Add various shapes in the form of stickers and frames to liven up the image
- Perform unlimited Undo’s, and more…
Picnik allows you to upload images not only from your computer, but also from:
- Facebook, Flickr, My Space, Photobuckt, Picasa, Web Albums, and more.
- You could even upload a picture from your Web Cam.
- It works on Mac, Windows, and Linux!
So, will it cost me?
Unless you don’t want to upgrade to its Premium version, Picnik is absolutely FREE!
The Premium Upgrade would cost you $24.95 a year, which is approximately 2 bucks a month.
Altogether, this site is quite impressive. Not just for fun alone, this photo editing tool will also give you excellent results in no time at all. See for yourself.
Does it allow mass upload? I guess the biggest pain point is having to sit down and upload one or at max 3 at a time?
Are you aware of any online tool which if used can automatically publish the same photos across Orkut, Facebook any other sites?
I don’t think there is any tool which allow automatically publish photos to Orkut, though there is an application which can integrate your flickr and facebook account.
Is Picnik compatible with Ubuntu Linux Lucid Lynx? I can’t get it to load. Flash ads are disabled on my machine. How can I fix this?