Facebook have been well known for sharing web pages. Due to this reason, it has been a favorite place of bloggers. I felt pity for Orkut, which don’t have such options. But now orkut, under Google has entered this field with more and more facilities.
Today when i was browsing through my friends profiles, i stunned to see the pic of one of my friend and his blog on the ad-section of my page. I thought that he had started to use adwords. But it was then i realized the cool ‘promote it’ button in it. It was an ‘Promotion’ created by him.
This service named promotion is just another form of self advertising. You can create your own ad, that will be shown in the left sidebar of your friends orkut page.
What is Orkut Promote ?
- You can share information like text, pictures or youtube Videos with your friends
- If they like it, they can re share it by clicking the ‘promote it’ button [just like digg and reddit]
- You can track the promotions you got, how many users have seen it, and how many have deleted it from the my promotions tab.
It’s Great, How can i create one for me ?
It’s pretty simple. You may see a link for it in your sidebar. If you don’t, then just add a ‘#Promote’ with the URL of your orkut page. It must look like http://www.orkut.co.in/Main#Promote
- Add a title and a comment for your Ad
- Select which type of promotion you need – Text, Image or Video
- Type in the text you want to show, or select the Image or youtube Video from your profile
- Click on ‘create promotion’
- It’s done.Now track it’s status under ‘my promotions’ Tab.
Check out screenshot of promotions which i created :
So create your own ads and promote your / business / product through orkut tooo!!!! 😀
[Editor’s Note: This post is submitted by our guest blogger Rajeelkp, alias Reji. He is a teen blogger who blogs at labofweb. He loves web, blogging and social sites.