Important Update: This flooder is having some problems. You may subscribe to our RSS feed or email alert to receive automatic updates regarding this and other hacks in future! For time being, we are closing comments and support on this post.
This is my first firefox extension and created in hurry!
With time will add new features like community flooding, testimonial flooding, etc to it!
Help on flooder is available @ toolbar itself!
Requirement: You must be in firefox to do this! (Download Firefox)
If a window with title software installation does not pop out look at top-right corner of page! You will see something like below! Click Edit Options to proceed…
Next allow Devils Workshop to install scrapper by
Now click here again to install scrapper. This time a window with title software installation will pop out!
Finally restart firefox to complete installation!
After successful installation you will see a toolbar added to firefox below address/navigation bar as can be seen in following screenshot.
#How to use…
A. Start Flooding (click on image to enlarge)
- Open any orkut scrapbook, write scrap the way you want with all formatting like colors, smilies, etc.
- Enter time interval in the space provided on orkut toolbar. (More on this later)
- After you done writing just click start flood button on toolbar instead of post scrap button provided by orkut.
B. Stop Flooding
- Just close the tab/window and flooder will stop automatically!
# Time Interval
Time interval is time between two consecutive scraps! Small value means fast flooding
Unfortunately time interval also depend on your internet connection speed so you have very limited choice.
Here I am giving some values for time interval. Adjust as per your connection, load, etc. as these are rough values.
- 56 kbps : 2500-3500
- 128 kbps: 1500-2500
- 256 kbps: 1000-1500
- 512 kbps: 800-1200
- 1Mbps: 500-800
- 2Mbps: 300-500
- 8Mbps: 100-200
Just play with few intervals for the first time. Once you get some value working for you, always use the same! 🙂
- Go to Tools >> Add-ons in firefox command menu!
- A small window named Add-ons will pop-out showing list of installed add-ons.
- Click uninstall next to scrapper.
- Restart firefox to complete the installation!’
1. I got “page not found error” and I can’t scrap anyone now 🙁
This happens when you use flooder a lot. Orkut disables your account temporarily (usually for 10-15 hours). So just have a break! May be this is time to take a bath! 😉
2. I got error: “Bad, bad server. No donut for you”
This normally means orkut server is overloaded. You just start flooding again with small increase in time interval. If you are getting this error again and again you should flood later.
3. Flooder stops after sending 2-3 scraps! :O
This happens when you provide very high time interval! Boy you are flooding so just try to half the time interval repeatedly until you go!
If you any other question feel free to ask… Wish u happy flooding… 🙂
4. Can I flood any scrapbook?
No the person you are flooding must be in your friend-list!
- August 27 – Updated again for new Orkut (Read more about new orkut). Maintaining two versions now for old as well as new orkut!
- August 20 – Updated to work with new scrapbook features (Read More about new features). Added Automatic Update support so this is last time you have to go through all the pain of reinstalling this!
- August 10 – Updated for firefox 22.214.171.124 as well as new orkut codes to detect empty scraps!
- October 29 – Scrapper updated to work with firefox 2.0!
- September 13 – Scrapper failed to work during last few days due to new search box in top-right corner inserted by orkut.