Here are the 10 most popular posts in the past week. We have calculated the popularity of the post by giving them rating points. As the posts are only a week old, we decided not to take into account “page views” which can fluctuate but take into account popularity across social networks.
10 Most Popular Post This Week!
- [Infographic] What Happens Every 60 Seconds on the Web! (95 Points)
- Google Allows Sharing “+1? Links to Google+ Circles (84 Points)
- Enable Gmail’s New Re-Designed Login Page (81 Points)
- Create Disposable Email and Keep Track of Messages via RSS Feeds (63 Points)
- Windows 8 Will Change The Way Copy-Paste is Done! [Video] (60 Points)
- Google Plus gets Twitter like Verified Sign for Celebrities! (54 Points)
- Apple Loses it Colossus: Steve Jobs Quits as CEO (52 Points)
- Get Incompatible Firefox Addons Working in Aurora and Nightly Builds (51 Points)
- Apple Working on Cheaper iPhone 4 for India and China (51 Points)
- Take Notes While Browsing on Chrome with SyncPad (27 Points)
It was surprising to the post on Steve Jobs Quitting Apple as CEO was not the most popular. Also Google+ related post seem to be also getting a lot of love when it came to sharing socially.
How the Points are Calculated:
We think Facebook Shares lead the way when it comes to actually getting a good idea of which post is really popular. So FB Share is taken as the mean comparative for the rating.
|FB Share||1 X 1.0|
|Retweet||1 X 0.9|
|Google’s +1||1 X 0.8|
What do you think about this week’s most popular posts? Do drop in your comments.